Thursday 2 June 2011

Lastminute.com

This trip has seemingly come round really quickly and slowly at the same time.
Although I was getting things ready over time, it seems the closer it got to June 1st, the more I realised I still had to do!
The last 2 weeks have been a whirlwind of packing, panic buying and saying goodbye to people.
I finished work on the 20th of May. On the 22nd I went on a bike maintenence course which was useful. The first part was quite basic (changing a tyre, fixing a puncture) but the second half was all about how to adjust and change the cables for brakes and gears.
Monday I took my bike to the shop I purchased it from and they very kindly boxed it up for me. I had arranged to get it sent to a bike shop in Yorktown so it would be ready and waiting for me when I arrived. Potentially this may have been quite costly (cheapest quote of 277pounds - yes I am now using an american keyboard so cant find a pound sign!). Luckily my brothers company do lots of shipping so get big discounts. I ended up paying 88pounds - much better.
Tuesday I drove down to my brothers and dropped the bike off, and then in the evening went for a goodbye meal with my dad, my brother and his wife. Wednesday was another trip home to go for a curry with a few good friends.
Almost had a disaster friday morning though. Was out for a gentle run when suddenly my bake went into spasm. I have had this before, and it is very painful and can make any movement very difficult for up to a week. When it happened I got pretty scared, thinking my trip was over before it began. Thankfully Clare was a bit more calm and reassuring. When we got home we rang a physio and managed to get an appointment that afternoon. This certainly helped, and by friday evening I was actually moving quite well. Which was just as well due to yet another meal out with friends!!
Weekend was quite quiet, and on monday I went to watch Clare do very well in the BUPA London 10k. I was also supposed to run, but didnt want to risk my back.
Tuesday was a day to spend quality time with Clare before the big day on wednesdsay...

2 comments:

  1. Mate... So much bad luck at the beginning can only mean it should go well now! How weird the laptop breaking

    ChrisA

    ReplyDelete
  2. By quality time you mean a trip to the physio followed by a visit to Mr Clutch to fix the car :-)

    ReplyDelete